How To Make Sausages
MAKE TASTY “BANGERS”
Our premium quality seasoning mixes contain everything you need to make tasty sausages. Perfect for venison and game but you can alternatively use lamb, beef or pork. You can also make great meatballs or meatloaf. Do not add salt, you only need to mix meat/fat, seasoning mix and ice cold water. Contains wheat GLUTEN and rusk.
- Mince well chilled meat through a 5mm to 10mm plate
- Add the seasoning mix and the cold water and mix vigorously until the mixture is sticky and moist
- Mince the whole batch again. Use a 10mm plate or for finer texture use same plate as before
- Fill into pre-soaked natural sheep or hog castings (32/34mm) and twist into 70gr sausages or to your preferred weight and size
Keep the fresh burgers in the fridge in wrapping or in a covered container, below and away from cooked foods. Store for 2-3 days in the fridge. To freeze, pack the burgers in air-tight plastic bags or containers for up to 4 months. Defrost thoroughly and never re-freeze raw sausages that have been frozen and then thawed.
How to cook:
- Fresh burgers can be pan fried, BBQ or oven grilled. Cooking times will vary according to the size of your burgers and should be cooked thoroughly until the juices run clear when pierced with a fork and there is no pink meat.
- Oven grill: Preheat the grill to medium, place the burgers on the grill pan with a little oil and cook for 6-12 minutes, until thoroughly cooked, turning every few minutes.
- Pan frying: Heat 1 tbsp unsalted butter or oil in a frying pan. Cook the burgers gently for 5-8 minutes, until evenly browned and finish cooking the burgers in the oven at 180 degrees for 10-15min till thoroughly cooked.
BBQ: Oil the burgers and place them on direct heat on you BBQ until well browned. Place away from direct heat until cooked through.
This is guidelines only.
Serve with your favourite accompaniment and garnish.