- 500 gr of minced venison
- 100 gr minced fatty pork meat
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic finely chopped
- 30 gr Breadcrumbs
- 1 whole beaten egg
- 2 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. Thyme
- ½ tsp. Ginger
- A pinch of ground cloves
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- A dash of Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ tsp. Black pepper
- Lettuce, salad leafs or fresh spinach
- Streaky bacon fried until crispy
- Mushrooms cut into large slices and fried in butter with salt and black pepper
- Red onions
- Tomato slices and Gherkins
- Your favorite burger bun
- Start by sweating the onions and garlic in butter or oil until soft (2-3 min).
- Place in a large mixing bowl and cool
- Add the minced venison, pork, breadcrumbs, beaten egg, spices, Dijon mustard and mix until a smooth consistency with a fork.
- Wet your hands and divide the mixture into 4 equal parts and make your patties. Put in the fridge for 10 – 15 min. to rest. Fry or BBQ for about 3-4 min on each side.
- Assemble the burger and start with spreading the mayonnaise on a warm burger bun, add the lettuce and place the burger on top. Then add the crispy bacon and the mushrooms and finish with the sliced red onions.
Serve with a tomato salad (I like fresh tomatoes with balsamic vinegar), sliced Gherkins and if you want, some crispy fries.